The following awards were presented at 2016 Fall Convention in Helena, MT
- Meritorious Award: Gene Bukowski, Susan Bailey Anderson
- Achievement Award: MaryLynn Donnell
- Service Award: Lezlie Pearce Hopper
- Organizational Award: Craniofacial/Cleft Palate Team
- Laura Jo McKamey Award: Rachel Stansberry
- Undergraduate Student Clinical Achievement: Sheila Murphy, Jessica Leclaire
- Graduate Student Clinical Achievement: Erika Reynolds
- Undergraduate Research Award: Emma Bozarth
- Graduate Research Award: Tori Hinther, Maggie Colstad
- Offsite Supervisory Award: Steve Short, Theresa Metropoulos
The following awards were presented at 2015 Fall Convention in Billings, MT.
- Undergraduate Student Clinical Achievement Award – Cailen Bosch
- Graduate Student Clinical Achievement – Melissa Bunch, Jessica McCauley
- Excellence in Student Research – Lauren Steinmetz, Chloe Kanning
- Excellence in Supervision Award – Janis Hayes-Strom, Emily Stafslien
- Organizational Award – Deb Miller – MT Comprehensive System of Personnel Development – Region 3.
- Meritorious Award – Lucy Hart Paulson
- Service Award – Jennifer Closson
- Achievement Award: Pam and Rick Stuckey
- Laura Jo McKamey Award aka “Big Purse Award” – Alida Wright.
It is time to prepare to recognize those in our profession that have contributed towards the professional excellence within MSHA, as well as for the citizens of Montana! We are accepting nominations for the following award categories:
- Meritorious Award is presented for outstanding professional achievement in the area of communication disorders of a non-technical nature or exemplary service to our organization, profession, and the communicatively impaired.
- Achievement Award is presented for technical and/or professional achievement in the fields of speech-language pathology, audiology or any other related area concerned with the treatment of communication disorders. This award is presented to a person who has made a major contribution to the knowledge base within our professional fields, and/or to the methods or materials for the treatment and/or prevention of communication disorders. Their devotion and effort far exceed standard performance.
- Service Award is presented for outstanding dedication and excellence in service to the MSHA organization.
- Organizational Award is presented to an organization that has made a major contribution to increasing our knowledge of the disorders of communication, developed a new clinical tool or techniques for the treatment of communicative disorders or had exhibited virtuous attitudes and behaviors in the delivery of services to the communicatively impaired.
- Laura Jo McKamey Award (aka “Big Purse Award”) is presented to someone who has provided exemplary service to MSHA. This is someone that exemplifies a spirit of volunteerism.
- Undergraduate Student Clinical Achievement is presented for outstanding work in the area of undergraduate level clinical practice.
- Graduate Student Clinical Achievement is presented for outstanding work in the area of graduate level clinical practice.
- Undergraduate Research Award is presented for outstanding work in the area of undergraduate level research.
- Graduate Research Award is presented for outstanding work in the area of graduate level research.
- Off Site Supervisory Award is presented for exemplary mentorship and supervision for the professional development of communication disorders students.
MSHA Meritorious Awards: Jennifer Closson and Carol Ecke (posthumously)
MSHA Service Awards: Jessica Reynolds, Glenn Hladek,
MSHA Achievement Award: Diane Simpson
The Laura Jo McKamey “Big Purse” Award: Sharlene Schmidt
Organizational Awards: Doug Doty and the OPI Montana Autism Education Project; and to Nancy Marks with CSPD
Please direct your nominations or any questions to Molly Beck, email@example.com. Awards will be presented at the Thursday evening social of the MSHA Fall Convention (Oct 15th, Billings MT).
Deadline: Sept 28, 2015
We are nominating several people for National Awards. If you have someone you would like to nominate for a Montana Award, send info to Molly Beck firstname.lastname@example.org