MSHA Convention Day 1
Today was our first day of the conference! We are at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Helena Colonial. We have had a range of speakers presenting on Differences vs Disorders for ELL, Genomics of Hearing Loss, Suicide Prevention, Students First: Role of Related Service Professionals, Documentation for Maximum Reimbursement, Growing Telepractice in MT, Throw me a LINE- Throw me a SIGN, and Supervision of Aides and Services! It has been a fun-filled day where we were able to recognize exceptional members and providers who serve MSHA and Montanans during our MSHA Business and Awards Meeting.
Awards were given to:
- Meritorious Award is presented for outstanding professional achievement in the area of communication disorders of a non-technical nature or exemplary service to our organization, profession, and the communicatively impaired. Kristy Foss
- Achievement Award is presented for technical and/or professional achievement in the fields of speech-language pathology, audiology or any other related area concerned with the treatment of communication disorders. This award is presented to a person who has made a major contribution to the knowledge base within our professional fields, and/or to the methods or materials for the treatment and/or prevention of communication disorders. Their devotion and effort far exceed standard performance. Annalee Anderson
- Service Award is presented for outstanding dedication and excellence in service to the MSHA organization. Anne Juel
- Organizational Award is presented to an organization that has made a major contribution to increasing our knowledge of the disorders of communication, developed a new clinical tool or techniques for the treatment of communicative disorders or had exhibited virtuous attitudes and behaviors in the delivery of services to the communicatively impaired. Kalispell Regional Medical Center, First Interstate Bank of Helena
- Laura Jo McKamey Award (aka “Big Purse Award”) is presented to someone who has provided exemplary service to MSHA. This is someone that exemplifies a spirit of volunteerism. Carol Morse
- Undergraduate Student Clinical Achievement is presented for outstanding work in the area of undergraduate level clinical practice. Rob Wycoff
- Graduate Student Clinical Achievement is presented for outstanding work in the area of graduate-level clinical practice. Lisa Kilsdonk, Kathleen Cotter
- Undergraduate Research Award is presented for outstanding work in the area of undergraduate level research. Carley Stone
- Graduate Research Award is presented for outstanding work in the area of graduate level research. Anya Leyhe
- Off-Site Supervisory Award is presented for exemplary mentorship and supervision for the professional development of communication disorders students. Carol Morse
This evening we have the Poster session spearheaded by our University of Montana Speech-Language and Hearing Sciences students and professors.
Later this evening, we have Hor d’oeuvres and beverages while we listen to Bruce Anfinson play music for us!