Temporary Conference Planning Position for a Student in CSD Program
Temporary Conference Planning Position
Open to a Graduate or Undergraduate Student in CSD Program
You will be hired by and work for the Montana Speech/Language and Hearing Association. All work is conducted from your computer and/or cell phone. This position will commence following the 2017 October Annual conference and end with the 2018 Annual Conference 10/18/18-10/20/18. You will coordinate with the incoming President of the Montana Speech/Language and Hearing Assoc. (MSHA).
- Current MSHA student member or ability to become one
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written directions from supervisor
- Keyboard/computer experience including working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Power point
- Book conference facilities for Missoula 2019, Billings 2020, Missoula 2021
- Coordinate and make arrangements with conference speakers
- Send out fee information and book the exhibitors
- Obtain door prizes and auction items
- Invite past presidents to breakfast Saturday morning of conference
- Invite guests to president’s reception following Wed. Board Meeting
- Organize poster session
- Keep detailed log for reimbursement of hours
- Update conference policies and procedures handbook with President
- Determine AV needs and posting presenter handouts online
- Determine with supervisor which duties may be given to hired first year
Hours: Average 1-2 hours per week with increased hours possible 2-3
weeks prior to the October conference (5-6 hours per week). Hours are
flexible with your schedule. Attendance each day of the conference is
Duration: 1/15/18 through 10/20/18
Pay: Beginning wage is $12.00/hr. Pay is not to exceed $1500.00
You will be periodically evaluated to determine your eligibility to advance to $15.00/ hour with exceptional performance.
Print hard copy application here> APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, fill out, and return to MSHA.
Resumes will NOT be accepted without a completely filled out application.
Accepting applications until the position is filled!